Solid Wood Flooring
Solid wood flooring is manufactured from timber and supplied in planks, blocks or strips either pre-finished or bare for on site finishing. It looks great, is hard wearing and in the event of damage can be sanded multiple times to be returned to an ‘as new’ finish.
Wooden flooring can be supplied in a variety of plank widths or blocks if you’d prefer parquet or herringbone designs.
There are many tree species but usually manufacturers supply oak flooring because of its flexibility and durability.
- Site survey
- Establish what types of solid wood are appropriate for the site conditions
- Specific subfloor preparation we will need to carry out before installation
- How the expansion gaps around the edge will be covered
- Moisture level readings to minimise possibility of future expansion of the flooring
- Trims for doors and other joins
- Sanded and finished to client’s specifications on site or supplied in a pre-finished format
What to look out for
What type of look are you trying to achieve and how we can best attain this without compromising the durability of the flooring.
For instance, if the look is not available in a pre-finished product we are able to create this on site. Few flooring companies have the skills to lay block flooring these days but our team trained in this technique many years ago.
We work with several major suppliers of solid wooden flooring including Junckers, Havwoods, Ted Todd and Boen